Student Notices - May 10, 2022
- MYP Service Hours are due May 19th, 2022. You are to download and fill in from your Boyd-MYP Grade Team and when completed reupload as an assignment. Service hours must be completed with reflections in EACH grade from 8 through 10 to receive MYP certification.
- Boyd Biennale ( pronounced sort of like: Bee in alley ) is named after the world's most famous international art exhibit, the Venice Biennale. Boyd's Biennale is happening on Wed May 18th from 6:30 -8pm. It is an in-person celebration of all the Fine Arts at Boyd. Music, Drama, and visual arts. If you are an art student from either semester and looking for a way to volunteer, see Ms.Moss as soon as you can to sign up and help. Service hours can be earned! There is work to do ahead of time getting art ready to display, in addition to special jobs during the event. Please plan to volunteer or just attend this fun in person event!
- Badminton Club: There is practice Today and Friday after school in the new gym. Last day to submit your forms and money is Friday. Bring your own racquets! See you there!
- Hey Trojans! Get ready for another grade war event! This FRIDAY, May 13th @ Lunch in the Lounge, show up and participate on this months grade war game, “Name that Tune!” Be sure to wear your grade war colors!
- Huge congrats to our grade 8 boys volleyball team who beat McNair to advance to the playoffs today to play against Burnett, good luck Trojans!
- Any students that are in need of volunteer hours, please check out the board outside the gyms and sign up for the elementary track meet that's on March 25th. You must get a forms packet signed and handed into the office in order to go. Let Mrs Hayden know if you have any questions.
- Senior boys basketball team, please get your uniforms handed in ASAP. They are long over due.
- Looking for a fun, rewarding summer volunteer experience? Steveston Community Centre is now accepting Volunteer Junior Leaders 14+ (entering Grade 9 in September) who are passionate & ready to learn about working with children! Deadline to apply is Sunday, May 22 at 11:59 PM. Please check their website for more details.
- Did you know indigenous women are killed at six times the rate of non-indigenous women? Join indigenous and non-indigenous Canadians on Moose Hide Campaign Day, this Thursday May 12th. A kiosk and mural made by Mr.Taylor’s Social Justice 12 Class will be open for students to write their pledges on ending violence. Students will also be coming around classes this week to collect donations for the EVA, also known as the Ending Violence Association. To learn more about this campaign, be sure to look at the posters posted around the school.
- Come out to watch the senior girls soccer team fight for a spot in provincials tomorrow at 3:30. good luck trojans and make us proud!
- Good luck to our Juvenille Boy V-Ball team playing their first round of Playoffs at McRoberts! Make us proud.
Updated: Tuesday, May 10, 2022