Student Notices - May 12, 2022
- Congratulations to our Sr Girls Soccer team for winning their first playoff game 6-1, against Burnsview. Shoutout to Mahara for scoring 5 of those goals and Samara scoring 1! They play Grandview-heights on Monday to secure a spot in provincials. Goodluck girls!
- A huge congratulations to our Grade 8 and 9 Boys volleyball teams who finished their seasons this week. Your teams grew so much this season and we can't wait to see how you do next year!
- Huge Congratulations to all Track and Field athletes that competed in the last two weeks. Special shout outs to our athletes who are moving onto South Fraser Championships in two weeks: Christina S who placed 3rd in Discus and 1st in seniors Shotput, Stephanie S who placed 2nd in junior shotput, Emily S who placed 1st in the bantam 100 metre race! Kouken N who placed 1st in the bantam 1500 metre, Trinity C who placed 1st in bantam, discus and shotput, Justin O who placed 2nd in Senior Shotput, Ryan C who placed 2nd in bantam discus and 1st in bantam shotput.
- All Track and Field Athletes who didn't make South Frasers, please hand in your jersey and spikes to the office.
- Hey Trojans! Get ready for another grade war event! TOMORROW@ Lunch in the Lounge, show up and participate on this months grade war game, “Finish The Lyrics!” Be sure to wear your grade war colors! WHOOP WHOOP!
- The moose hide campaign day was established to raise awareness on violence towards indigenous women and children. Ever since 2011, the moose hide campaign has distributed more than 2.5million moose hide pins and over a thousand other organizations and communities have joined the campaign. Typically, the event consists of fasting from dawn to dusk in the notion of reflecting on tragedies that happens on Highway-16, also known as the Highway of Tears. Please join us for a moment of silence for those who have lost their lives. (20s) Thank you for sharing a moment of silence. Students form Mr. Taylors Social Justice 12 class will also be coming around today to collect donations for the Ending Violence Association (EVA) and please be sure to write down your pledges at the mural just beside the cafeteria throughout today!
- MYP Service Hours are due May 19th, 2022. You are to download and fill in from your Boyd-MYP Grade Team and when completed reupload as an assignment. Service hours must be completed with reflections in EACH grade from 8 through 10 to receive MYP certification.
- Badminton Club: There is practice tomorrow after school in the new gym. Last day to submit your forms and money is tomorrow. Bring your own racquets! See you there!
- Looking for a fun, rewarding summer volunteer experience? Steveston Community Centre is now accepting Volunteer Junior Leaders 14+ (entering Grade 9 in September) who are passionate & ready to learn about working with children! Deadline to apply is Sunday, May 22 at 11:59 PM. Please check their website for more details.
Updated: Thursday, May 12, 2022