Student Notices - June 21, 2022
- Attention all students: If you leave earlier than Friday, 24 June, you must return all textbooks and let the office know. Also, if you are not coming to school on Tues. Sept 6th , please fill out the late return form and hand in to the office.
- Hi Trojans! At school, June signifies the nearing end of the school year. June is also National Indigenous History Month, a time to celebrate the history, culture, language and land of Indigenous Peoples in Canada and around the world. Do you know you are on the traditional territories of the Musqueam people, who are speakers of the hun-ki-meen-um language. Learn more about the land you are on, and the hun-ki-meen-um language, by checking out the Musqueam Placemap website or scanning QR code that are in your classrooms and all around the school. Try saying one of the important site names in hunkimeenum to your teacher or come down to the library, and you will be entered in a prize draw for gift certificates to some great Indigenous owned businesses. You can enter a maximum of five times. Contest ends at the end of the day Thursday. Check out the hughboydlibrary instagram, website, or ask your teacher or librarian for details. Good luck!
- Hear ye, hear ye, read all about it! Summer checkouts are now available for all students and staff. If you want to catch up on some summer reading while sitting on a beach somewhere, now is your chance! all this week, we will be signing out books to students who want to read over the summer. They will be due back first week when you return in September, with a maximum of five checkouts. If you want to return them over summer, just drop them into the white bin outside the library when the school is open. Keep an eye on our instagram for certain dates over the summer when Ms leung will be in the library to sign out more books to you if you want to exchange books. Happy reading!
- Get ready Trojans. Hugh Boyd is hosting their first ever CARNIVAL on the last day of school. Admission is free with lots of free games to play. Tickets to spin for a prize or dunk a teacher start at $1. Join us on June 24 from 1pm-3pm to participate in fun games, enjoy yummy food, celebrate the school year and to start our summer with a bang!
- What’s up Trojans, school is coming to an end. So you know what the means, stuco’s final spirit week! Join us this week for Today-Kindergarten day, Wed -wear pink, Thurs- pool toys, and Friday, also our carnival, wear “Black and Gold” to celebrate Boyd! Tag us in your photos to be featured on the Boyd story. Let’s see some spirit Trojans!
- Attention Volleyball and Track and Field athletes, please hand in your jerseys and spikes by Friday. They are long over due!
- Hey TROJANS! Want to uplift our Trojan spirit? Revolutionize our athletics? Then join next years athletics council! As of right now, we are only looking for executive members for next year! Be apart of this team and plan super fun events like all stars games, pep rallies, fundraising for new athletic gear (we’re looking at you girls soccer) and hopefully a year-end athletic banquet! To learn more about what each role requires and offers follow us on our instagram page: @boydathletics. The deadline to apply is this, Wednesday June 22nd @3pm, to apply simply click the google forms located on our linktree. Successful applicants will be announced the following day! Join now!
Updated: Tuesday, June 21, 2022