Student Notices - Sep 28, 2022
- Attention all Gr. 12 students: There will be a mandatory meeting tomorrow, Sep 29th, at lunch in the old gym to discuss your CLC and Capstone course. This is a graduation requirement, so it is very important you attend the meeting. Attendance will be taken. If you cannot make it, please email either Ms. Minato or Mr. Harowitz. Again, meeting for all Gr. 12 students this Thursday at lunch in the old gym.
- Attention Yearbook students. A friendly reminder that you are meeting at lunch today in Mr. Smythe’s room. See you there!
- Good luck to the Boyd cross country team who will be competing in their first meet today at McNeill. Come out and cheer them on. Juniors run at 3:45 and Seniors run at 4pm. Go Trojans!
- Friday is the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, and Orange Shirt Day. Last June, you wrote a personal land and territorial acknowledgement on orange hearts. You should have gotten them back in your block A classes today. If you did not get them back, you may not have put your name on them. You may be able to find yours on the table outside the library. As part of the reconciliation process, it is important to learn and know whose traditional Indigenous territory you are on. In addition to wearing orange to school on Thursday, or reading about UNDRIP or the 94 Calls to Action on Friday, share your acknowledgements and learn about why they are important. If you did not write an acknowledgement last June, come down to the library for steps how to write one.
- On Saturday September 3rd, a horrible accident resulted in a car plowing through the brick wall of one of RAPS largest thrift stores on Francis Rd. thankfully nobody was hurt, but the accident left severe damages to the building. Help the interact club support RAPS by buying yourself and a friend a bubble tea during lunch tomorrow in the lounge for $6. hope to see you there!
- Attention Gr. 8 and new students: You may be getting an email regarding your new MYED User ID and password. Once you receive the email, use a computer to log in and change your password right away. You will need to sign in to MyEd to view your report cards in the future. Please DO NOT use a cellphone to login.
- The Library Learning Commons is a very popular and welcoming place during PLT! We would like to remind everyone wanting to come into the Library during PLT that you speak in whispers, as the noise level can get very high. You are also expected to work on something--study, review, read, 3D print, personal project, capstone, or even pursuing personal learning and inquiry-find something you are interested in and learn about it! Please do not come just to hang out on your phone or with friends. On days that the library is booked for presentations, seating will be very limited, and silent study is expected so we can hear the presentations. Thank you for your cooperation!
Updated: Wednesday, September 28, 2022