Student Notices - Sep 29, 2022
- Attention all Gr. 12 students: There will be a mandatory meeting today lunch in the old gym to discuss your CLC and Capstone course. This is a graduation requirement, so it is very important you attend the meeting. Attendance will be taken. If you cannot make it, please email either Ms. Minato or Mr. Harowitz. Again, meeting for all Gr. 12 students today at lunch in the old gym.
- Huge shout out to the grade 8 girls volleyball team who played an amazing game against Burnett. Special mentions are Jenny E, Adelise C, and Chelsea C for their great plays and serves!
- Help the interact club support RAPS by buying yourself and a friend a bubble tea during lunch today in the lounge for $6. hope to see you there!
- Thank you to everyone who applied to be a student leader for next week’s Breaking Down the Walls Program. We will send confirmation information to students in the coming days. Students are now invited to sign up for the Breaking Down the Walls workshop. You can sign up for a workshop on Thursday, October 6 or Friday, October 7 – these workshops will be all day, 8:30am – 3:00pm. Sign up is open to all students: You can choose the Thursday OR Friday (8:30am – 3:00pm) workshop - sign up with a friend! If you have any questions, please speak to Mr. Onukwulu, Ms. Mahli or Ms. Poon in the office.
- Friday is the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, and Orange Shirt Day. Last June, you wrote a personal land and territorial acknowledgement on orange hearts. You should have gotten them back in your block A class. If you did not get them back, you may not have put your name on them. You may be able to find yours on the windows in the hallway beside the library. As part of the reconciliation process, it is important to learn and know whose traditional Indigenous territory you are on. In addition to wearing orange to school today and tomorrow, or reading about UNDRIP or the 94 Calls to Action, or going to an event tomorrow, share your acknowledgements and learn about why they are important. If you did not write an acknowledgement last June, come down to the library for steps how to write one.
Updated: Thursday, September 29, 2022