***APPLICATION FOR 2022-2023***
The Hugh Boyd Incentive Program challenges motivated students to achieve academic and personal excellence. It is designed to meet the needs of high ability students with potential leadership qualities. Students in each grade will study English, Social Studies, and Science in an environment designed to challenge them. There will be opportunities for cooperative learning, independent study, and out of school field trip experiences. Students must be independent thinkers and risk- takers in their approach to learning and possess critical thinking and creative problem solving skills. The Incentive Program extends beyond the academic courses and includes:
A strong work ethic and positive attitude towards schooling are important selection criteria.
- leadership training and development through workshops and practical applications in the program setting;
- community service which promotes social responsibility;
- outdoor education which allows students to learn about the relationship of humans and our natural environment; and
- field studies through group or individual field trips, encouraging students to use community resources.
Admittance to the program will be through an application and interview process.
A strong work ethic and positive attitude towards schooling are important selection criteria. Admittance to the program will be through an application and interview process.
Applications must be emailed to the general Boyd email account (email@example.com(link is external)) by February 4, 2022. Please include Incentive Application - 2022 in the subject line.
- Dec. 2, 2021 - Applications go live
- Feb. 4, 2022 - Deadline to submit applications to - firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
- Feb. 11, 2022 - Deadline for teacher referrals
- Week of Feb. 22-25, 2022 - Students will be called for interviews
- Mar. 1 - Mar. 17 - Interviews at Hugh Boyd
- Week of Apr. 14, 2022 - Applicants will be notified if they have been accepted or not
*Please note that this timeline is flexible and may change